Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mockingjay

By Suzanne Collins

The third book in a trilogy which began with the book The Hunger Games. This one was as compelling, exciting and heart wrenching as the last two. It is a continued story of Katniss Everdeen in a strange world run by her archenemy President Snow. In this book the revolution has come to fruition and they look to Katniss for inspiration. She struggles with those who love her to find her voice in a highly political and dangerous situation.

This series is incredibly creative and wonderfully told. I loved this book and like all the others only wished it was longer!

"'What about you Katniss? How are you managing?' Her fingertip moves in short, gentle strokes between Buttercup's eyes. 'And don't say you're fine.'
It's true. Whatever the opposite of fine is, that's what I am. So I go ahead and tell her . . . .I've stopped talking because there's really nothing left to say and there's this piercing sort of pain where my heart is. Maybe I'm even having a heart attack, but it doesn't seem worth mentioning.

'Katniss, I don't think President Snow will kill Peeta,' she says. Of course she says this; it's what she thinks will calm me. But her next words come as a surprise. 'If he does, he won't have anyone left you want. He won't have any way to hurt you.'

. . . . . 'So what do you think they will do to him?'

Prim sounds about a thousand years old when she speaks.

'Whatever it takes to break you.'" pg 150 - 151

Book 38

No comments:

Post a Comment