Saturday, February 19, 2011

Garlic and Sapphires

The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise

By Ruth Reichi 

The way Reichi writes about her experience eating makes me feel like I have never tasted food before! Explore the most well known restaurants in New York City through the eyes of then New York Times food critic. Participate in her struggle to remain anonymous in order to experience the same food you or I would taste if we were to dine at that same restaurant.  

Sprinkled throughout Reichi shares some of her favorite recipes as well as her struggle to find the life/work balance raising a young child in New York City. Surprisingly, in the end, the reader ends up sharing a journey of self-definition and recreation.
Excellent read, I know my mother would love this book!
 
Book 11

No comments:

Post a Comment