Monday, April 4, 2011

The Nazi Officers Wife

By Edith Hahn Beer.

One Jewish woman's survival in Nazi Germany Married to a Nazi. This book shows you a different face of survival - one in which you have to live a false identity, a split personality, in order to survive.

"How can I describe to you The confusion and terror when the Nazi's took over? We had lived until yesterday in a rational world. Now everyone around us - our schoolmates, neighbors and teachers; our tradesmen, policemen, and bureaucrats -had all gone mad." page 56

"You will ask how I felt about spending so much time with people who supported the Hitler regime. I will tell you that, since I had absolutely no choice in the matter, I no longer dared to think about it." Page 216

Book 20


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment