Monday, November 14, 2011

Forever

By Maggie Stiefvater 


This is the third book in a young adult series which began with the book Shiver. The story is loosely about humans that turn into wolves under certain conditions and their struggle both internally to survive and thrive given their situation and their relationship with the external world and the small town they live in that does not understand. 


Other than that, here is not much I can tell you about the plot itself without giving far too much away. Let me just say that I highly recommend the series if you are into YA at all. It was a unique story with interesting characters and compelling language. Stiefvater has sentences or paragraphs sprinkled throughout her books that just move me. In her own words (from her blog): "I will sacrifice most anything in order to change someone's mood in a certain way. I can't do that without careful navigation of metaphor and character development." 

Book 60

No comments:

Post a Comment