Saturday, February 7, 2009

Deadly Little Secret

By Laurie Faria Stolarz

This is a book categorized as teen fiction, a genre I am interested in since reading the book Twilight written by Stephanie Meyers (ok I will confess I read the entire series (twice) in 2008) and The Hunger Game written by Suzanne Collins (a Stephanie Meyers recommendation).

Deadly Little Secret was not at all the cailbur of the above mentioned books, but an interesting little story about a girl who almost gets hit by a car. The reading flowed well (I read it in one sitting) and the main character was of interest but there was nothing surprising about the book. I am sure there are a million stories about a girl in school who almost gets hits by a car and falls for her lab partner but still there were some shadowing of Twilight that I thought kind of lacked creativity.

I probably would have stopped reading and put it down if it hadn't been for the question driving the entire interest in the book: who was stalking her?

Sometimes you just have to know!

*Book number 9

No comments:

Post a Comment