Monday, April 2, 2012

The Bronze Horseman

By Paullina Simons


This is an epic novel of love and war set in Russia just as they enter World War II. I loved the setting and all the details I find so interesting about Russian life at this time. I found the relationships intense and compelling, although mid-read it clearly leaned heavier toward a romance novel and lost me a bit. The ending was brave and unexpected.


Interestingly,in the afterward the author shares some of her own story being born in Leningrad. In a sense, without really knowing it, I found another modern Russian author (a sub-category of my Russian track for 2012). I just found out that there is a sequel and as maddening as some of the entangled relationship portions of this book were, I am thrilled to keep reading the Tatiana and Alexander story!


Book 21

No comments:

Post a Comment