Monday, November 19, 2012

Legend

By Marie Lu

This was a very interesting book to me. I had my eye on it for awhile but as I kept up with the response to the book it had pretty mixed reviews. And although I am really glad I read it, I completely understand why there were mixed opinions about the book itself. The story is there - intriguing dystopian world, two strong and interesting characters, compelling motivation (justice, revenge, love), but the book never dives deep enough to really allow these aspects to ferment. For starters, the book is way too short. I only say that because this means there was room to dig a little deeper and for whatever reason Lu decided not to do so. Perhaps it is because it was her first book? I am hoping that is the case and that the sequel has had time to grow into something even deeper and more compelling. I feel like this book was just a seed and that there is more for it to grow into. 

Book 71

No comments:

Post a Comment