Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Reached

By Allie Condie

The final book in the Matched series was in many ways a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed the first book, didn't really like the second but thought this was the best of the series. What I really enjoyed about it was the lack of compromise. I felt that Condie didn't ever take the easy way out with the story line. Even though you thought it was going one (predictable) direction, it didn't happen that way. And this process happened again and again, allowing a kind of depth to surface within the story and within the characters. Excellent end to the series!

"You cannot change your journey if you are unwilling to move at all." Loc 2824

"I can't seem to treat this life I have as anything but the only thing." Loc 4882

"I draw in ragged breath, the kind you take when the pain is too deep to cry, when you can't cry because all you are is pain, and if you let come of it out,  you might cease to exist." Loc 5448

Book 73

No comments:

Post a Comment